Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Methotrexate Days, Part II

This morning I had yet another shot of methotrexate as the beta numbers were not going down fast enough. It is all unnerving and I kept it all together until I had to wait a half hour for a two minute shot -- which DH could probably do considering all the times he injected me with progesterone. You see, we raced to the pharmacy late yesterday afternoon to get the medication so we could get an early appointment, but by the time we actually saw the nurse we could have gone to get it this morning.

Yes, I am used to waiting for doctors, but I started getting upset when I saw a handful of people come and go from the waiting room and my name had yet to be called...and we had been waiting for a half hour. So, I went back to the receptionist and enquired as to what was going on. By the time she got back to us tears had started rolling down my face, so they really got busy trying to find an examination room for us...and even then the nurse kept us waiting. When she finally arrived she apologized, but I had a meltdown and let her know why I was so upset. Unfortunately, we had a communication failure as she could barely speak English and she kept asking me to repeat myself, and I really could not understand her, so I just asked that she give me the shot already. Ughhhhhh!!! %$#%$^%$&$^%#!!!!! This experience makes me not want to go back for a long, long time.

Now I must deal with nausea and stomach cramps. Dear God, please let the beta numbers drop dramatically so I do not have to deal with this nurse again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that just sucks! I can't believe they kept you waiting for a shot. And a little compassion for the REASON for the shot would be nice. I hope your numbers plummet and you are back on track soon!

Eb said...

I am so sorry you are going through all this. I'm not a great wordsmith but I would like to offer all the support possible through this horrible time.
EB

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.