Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thanks

I want to send a special thank you to all who commented on the Quest posting. Now I realize that I am not the only one who has been treated poorly by their staff. Thanks for the support.

This ectopic pregnancy was a surprise and while I am feeling better physically (my hcg was down to 60 on Friday), emotionally I am fragile. My family doesn't understand and is not really 'there' to support me. Meanwhile, I've lost touch with old friends who've had children -- because it pains me to hear them talk about their babies, or they avoid me because I've opened up to them about my infertility (maybe they think it's contagious).

Your words of encouragement soothe my soul, lift my spirit, and remind me that I am not alone on this journey. Thanks.

2 comments:

Eb said...

Oh honey, you sound so alone. I empathize with the family thing. I can't speak with my folks at all. I found some support groups around town and it really helps.

Please know that if you ever want to e-chat, I would be happy to. Thinking of you. Sending you a big ((hug))
EB

Astrid said...

You are most definitely not alone. Now that i've entered the world of trying (and failing) to make babies, I'm astounded at the enormity of the IF world. I never knew how common (and apparently taboo) these problems were. I'm currently waiting for hcg to drop after MTX for some kind of persistent trophoblastic tissue following a m/c and was comforted by your blog, though I'm certainly sorry to hear that you're going through it at all.

http://babymakingoneohone.blogspot.com/