Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sofa Days, Part Deux

It's been five days since the FET and hanging out on the sofa is highly overrated. Don't get me wrong, I do love watching movies (especially the oldies on TCM), reading magazines/books, going online etc., but I am really getting antsy. It's a hereditary thing that my Mother and sister both suffer from: we can't stay still for very long. I have a feeling that Martha Stewart suffers from this affliction as well. Wish I could lie down and stay that way for hours, but I can't...and I have been off caffeine for over a year. Just a couple days to go until I can go for walks again.

I added a section on the side of this blog listing movies that feature a barren babe and/or couple. Those listed are the ones that I have seen, but I'm sure there are others that I'm not aware of. Please let me know if there are other movies I should add to the list as I, and I'm sure many other barren babes, find comfort in watching them and seeing the characters go through many of the same emotions that DH and I have. Some of the movies have a subtle fertility-challenged tone to them such as 'Beetlejuice' and 'Out of Africa', others like 'Maybe Baby' are all about trying to conceive, while some like 'Penny Serenade' and 'My Blue Heaven' are oldies that show couples adopting. 'Penny Serenade' never fails to make me cry, but then so does 'Immediate Family'.

3 comments:

musicmakermomma said...

Don't know if you want to include Up, but it does have a very heartrending moment near the beginning where the couple realizes they can't have children. Also Julie and Julia touches on the fact that Julia Child couldn't have children.

musicmakermomma said...

Whoops! Almost forgot my all time favorite - Raising Arizona! One of the Coen Bros first, it has Nicolas Cage as a convict trying to go straight for booking officer Holly Hunter - John Goodman shows up an escaped con; this movie is great even though the whole premise is that they can't get pg. I can watch this one without losing it.

maxandzuzu said...

I don't know if you'd want to add these movies to your list. I wasn't crazy about either of them. However they are about not being about to conceive. "The Handmaid's Tale" and "Baby Mama."

How are you doing?

T